Lysaer - Role in the Story (Stormed Fortress)
From Paravia Wiki
|Spoiler warning: Contains plot elements from Stormed Fortress.|
- From Varens, Lysaer travels to Tirans to begin raising an army to attack Alestron. He travels with a Varens courier, Ranne, Fennick, and Edan. After delivering an ultimatum to the Mayor of Tirans to fly the sunwheel banner, Lysaer manipulates lights in the town to incite a fear of the dark. The town raises the banner in spite of the Mayor of Tirans's rejection. Lysear then oversees the muster from this location.
- Lysaer hand-signs an edict to Duke Bransian demanding their surrender on the charge of conpsiracy.
- Lysaer arrives at Alestron in autumn, just after his Lord Justiciar has been killed by Alestron's defenders. In retaliation, he immolates the farmsteads surrounding Alestron, killing Keldmar and his veteran troops. In the aftermath, he has nightmares of guilt while watched over by Ranne and Fennick.
- Lysaer mobilizes his armies for a land-based attack on the lower town of Alestron before Sulfin Evend has returned from the south coast. This attack elicits no response from Alestron's defenses. As the second wave advances, the army is beset by traps from Mearn's saboteurs. In retribution for the dead and wounded, Lysaer launches an attack of Light against the upper citadel. It is deflected by the Paravian wards and turned against the army by Duke Bransian, whose men launch trebuchet ammunition through the Light, raining molten fire on the attackers below.
- On the day after the attack, Lysaer visits the pavilions of the Koriathain to offer his assistance and is paired with a healer named Samaura. Their work is interrupted by Selidie Prime, who broaches the possibility of alliance but is rejected by Lysaer. He continues to help the healers and emerges the next day to find the camp under activity commanded by Sulfin Evend. Ranne and Fennick escort him back to the command tent, where Sulfin Evend warns Lysaer about the dangers of Selidie's presence on the battlefield.