The Paravia Wiki is a trove of carefully curated information about the Wars of Light and Shadows and other literary works by Janny Wurts, established in March 2007. For instructions on searching or editing the Wiki, visit the Help pages.
- You can browse the Wiki from the beginning by starting from the Wars of Light and Shadow page, or look up a specific entry with the "Search" box in the upper right corner.
- To see what pages have been added or changed recently, visit the Recent Changes page. You can also visit a Random page for fun.
Contributing to the Wiki
This Wiki is intended to be an accurate and factual encyclopedia of information about the Wars of Light and Shadows. The Janny Wurts Chat Area is a more appropriate resource for sharing opinions, speculation, and interpretations with other readers.
Anyone can read the Wiki without an account. If you would like to add or edit pages, you can request an account from the Wiki administrator. Please follow these simple guidelines when editing the Wiki:
- Before editing, browse some of the existing pages to get a feel for the voice, style, and formatting of previous contributors. Applying these styles in your own writing will ensure that the Wiki retains a consistent voice.
- Your contributions should be limited to factual content about the Wars of Light and Shadows novels, short stories, and artwork, or other books and short stories by Janny Wurts.
- Your contributions should consist of originally composed text. For example, you may describe the city of Etarra in your own words, but you should not reuse copyrighted text directly from the books. All copyrighted text must be properly cited, and large quotations should be used sparingly. More detailed information about copyrights can be found in the footer at the bottom of each page.
- Entries that reveal important plot points should be marked as Spoilers as a courtesy for new readers.
- Please treat other contributors and readers of the Wiki with respect.